Research is critical for people with VEDS. So much more needs to be done to understand the mechanism of the condition. We are here as a resource for you, whether you are a basic scientist or a clinical scientist conducting research to reduce or eliminate life-threatening and quality of life challenges facing patients with VEDS.
- We offer two-year grants for scientists at different stages of their career. This seed funding is essential for many scientists to obtain preliminary data required to contend for more competitive grants at the National Institutes of Health or other organizations.
- We can announce study participation opportunities to our VEDS community to help scientists reach their enrollment goals.
- We can help connect you to other scientists to obtain resources – such as biological samples and mouse models – that you might need for your research.
- We advocate with members of Congress on behalf of the research community for adequate funding of the National Institutes of Health and other government institutions where researchers usually apply for funding. We also advocate at the National Institutes of Health for grant mechanisms that will benefit the VEDS, Marfan, and related conditions population.
- We act as a convener, organizer and supporter of state-of-the-art research meetings, such as the VEDS Scientific Meeting, to facilitate and maintain international collaboration among scientists in the field.